THIS POSITION REQUIRED A CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
NEAH-KAH-NIE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: HIGH SCHOOL SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHER
Reports To: Principal
Evaluated By: Principal or Assistant Principal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Plans and implements lesson plans which meet the needs of a diverse student population, teach students, correct students’ work and maintains a safe learning environment for students to develop skills and knowledge necessary to read, write, speak and comprehend a foreign language, to understand the related culture and to meet state content and performance standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide instruction that involves reading, writing, speaking and comprehending a foreign language and understanding the related culture.
2. Utilize a course of study, which has been adopted by the Board of Education.
3. In preparation for instruction, address both short and long-term learning goals using prepared written lesson plans.
4. Provide appropriate learning experiences, including activities, which help students to know and appreciate the culture germane to the target language.
5. Utilize instructional materials and activities, which lead students to discover how the study of a foreign language is linked to certain careers.
6. Adapt and modify instructional strategies and materials, as necessary, to support all students’ academic progress, with collaboration from special services department.
7. Use a variety of formal and informal assessments to monitor student progress and achievement of the instructional objectives.
8. Maintain a collection of evidence that documents student growth over time.
9. Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
10. Use a grading system, which is consistent, fair and supportable.
11. Maintain professional confidentiality concerning individual student data and achievement.
12. Identify, diagnose, and prescribe remediation for individual and group problems in use of the language.
13. Communicate to students and parents the level of student achievement and progress towards established classroom, district and state standards.
14. Work constructively with colleagues and others for the purpose of improving the quality of a student’s behavior and academic success.
15. Maintain professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
16. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning environment. Notify and involve parents/guardians regarding a student’s behavior as outlined in school and District policies.
17. Take all reasonable precautions to provide a safe, secure learning environment.
18. Encourage parents to volunteer and provides them with
constructive tasks to perform
19. Participate in various meetings (e.g. staff, team, parent conferences, in-service training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information or sharing expertise.
20. Maintain a high level of professional integrity by adhering to the Teacher Standards and Practices requirement for an Ethical Educator, (as written in the Staff Handbook) as well as Board Policy and State Law.
21. Maintain satisfactory attendance as defined in District policy and regulation.
1. Trains, monitors and assigns work to instructional assistants
MARGINAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Makes photocopies
2. Moves classroom furniture and organizes classroom
3. Coordinates and/or supervises at special events and/or field trips
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Hold a valid TSPC issued Oregon Secondary Teaching license
with foreign language endorsement.
2. Knowledge of the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of adolescents.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply best instructional and assessment practices necessary in teaching middle school or high school students a second language.
4. Ability to apply knowledge of effective behavior management methods.
5. Possesses functional computer literacy, knowledge of word processing and an understanding of how computers can assist instruction.
6. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing fluently in English and Spanish.
7. Ability to respond verbally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, regulatory agencies or members of the community.
8. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures governmental regulations and legal documents.
9. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
10. General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use database software, e-mail, internet software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
11. Criminal Justice Fingerprint clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision. (See addendum for details)
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
I have read and understand the responsibilities and qualifications of this job description.
Employee Signature Date
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Full-time Ocean Springs, MS Positions available: Threes Teacher Job Description: Teachers are responsible for providing and maintaining a nurturing and...Apply For This Job
Pre K Teacher needed for premier preschool. experience with Creative curriculum and the Early Childhood Environment Rating scale a plus....Apply For This Job
Description Middle School Language Arts Teacher – Fulltime, regular position. o Wisconsin DPI certification to teach Elementary grades 1-8 required....Apply For This Job
Teachers Teacher Licensure All certified personnel shall hold a current, valid Arkansas teaching license in the instructional area(s) assigned by...Apply For This Job
The Early Head Start Teacher plans, facilitates, and implements consistent high-quality learning experiences daily with a focus on infant and...Apply For This Job
Preschool Teacher needed for Pre-K Classroom. Must have experience and passion for childcare. Must be able to pass a childcare...Apply For This Job