ACADEMIC COACH – ELEMENTARY
LOCATION: Barnes Butte Elementary
START DATE: August 31, 2020
DAYS: 190 days per year
SALARY: $39,347 to $72,617(depending on eduation and experience)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must hold or be eligible to hold an Oregon Teaching Certificate with an Elementary Endorsement. Background must include experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
COMPLETE ACADEMIC COACH JOB DESCRIPTION:
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The academic coach shall demonstrate that he/she can satisfactorily stimulate and guide the learning of staff. The coach will also help each teacher provide for the academic (reading, writing, mathematics) and behavior (PBIS) needs of each student. The academic coach reports to a district level administrator.
1. Serves as an instructional leader of the building by ensuring the adherence to rigorous and relevant academic standards.
2. Plans for professional growth opportunities for teachers by providing them with research based strategies and best practices to meet student needs.
3. Monitors student achievement and follows up on plans to increase student proficiency.
4. Engages the community and school partnerships to foster learning (academic information, family nights, etc.).
5. Attends and/or facilitates appropriate professional learning community meetings and assists with development of these teams as needed.
6. Models the use of technology as an enhancement to student and staff learning.
7. Coaches others to achieve professional, building, and district goals.
8. Assists the principal with the development and facilitation of the School Improvement Plan.
9. Works with the intervention team and staff to coordinate and integrate curriculum, instruction and interventions.
10. Assists teams of teachers in collecting and analyzing student performance data.
11. Knows the curriculum, district policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to their position, and follows them conscientiously.
12. Provides staff development (modeling, training, etc.)
13. Works with district administrators, building administrators and teachers in planning, revising and implementing district core academic initiatives and checklists.
14. Participates in district and building staff development planning.
15. Supports discussions with teachers with suggestions for practical strategies for improvement of student performance based on research and data.
16. Provides classroom coaching in all core areas and interventions.
17. Completes assigned responsibilities within identified resources and timelines.
18. Participates in on-going professional development.
19. Cooperates with other staff and administration in the development, coordination, and evaluation of instructional programs and the preliminary selection of textbooks, equipment, and other materials.
20. Maintains confidentiality of student communications and keeps records as required by law, policy, and regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of the legal rights of students and parents.
21. Observes good personal hygiene, punctuality, and appropriate attire in an educational setting.
22. Fulfills other related duties as assigned.
Customer Contacts: Teachers, Building Administrators, Central Office Administrators, Students, Parents
1. Education: Hold or be eligible for, valid Oregon certification with appropriate endorsement and fulfill the registration requirements of the district, recognizing that failure to comply will mean loss of pay and/or position.
3. Skills and Abilities: Possess the physical ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Supervision and instructional responsibilities require the employee to be able to stand for up to 90 consecutive minutes and move rapidly to intervene in situations when a student’s safety is being jeopardized. The supervision may also occur during times of inclement weather.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Preschool Teacher Responsibilities Include: Developing a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children Employing a variety of educational techniques...Apply For This Job
COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP OF STRAFFORD COUNTY LEAD CHILDCARE TEACHER POSITION DESCRIPTION Job Title: Lead Childcare Teacher – FCC Program/Dept: Child...Apply For This Job
Substitute Teacher Assistant – Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED, be willing to enter and successfully complete the...Apply For This Job
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness,...Apply For This Job
Do you believe that if you change the beginning of a child?s life you can change their whole story? Oak...Apply For This Job
GamePoint Athletics is looking for coaches to teach Christian Home School PE classes/multi-sport classes at St. Francis de Sales Catholic...Apply For This Job