– Possess a BA or a BFA in Dance – Minimum of five years? experience in the professional dance field as a dancer/choreographer both in the city of Pittsburgh and nationally.
2. Serves as a member of the school?s Instructional Cabinet and communicating pertinent information with staff in their respective departments.
3. In conjunction with the principal, responsible for coordinating with adjunct arts faculty in the respective art form; including scheduling, curriculum implementation, attendance standards and grading policies.
4. In conjunction with the school leadership team, responsible for recruitment of students and the administration of the audition process in the respective art form.
5. In conjunction with the principal, responsible for implementation of the yearly budget allocated for that respective art form.
6. Responsible for initiating, developing, and maintaining relationships with professional organizations in the Pittsburgh region and on the national level. This includes maintaining partnerships and collaborations with cultural, educational, performing and community organizations.
7. In conjunction with the principal, organize, design and successfully schedule all students within the respective department.
8. Responsible for conducting bi-monthly and/or weekly departmental meetings with all members of the respective arts staff.
9. Responsible for providing students with and/or communicating opportunities to experience master classes, extra-curricular opportunities, artistic events, workshops and field trips for all students in their respective departments.
10. Responsible for scheduling and presenting a variety of performances/student artistic works on an annual basis.
11. Coordinate vocal, instrumental, theatre, dance and performance-based juries as well as portfolio reviews for visual and literary arts on-going basis.
12. Participate in the recruitment of and serve on the selection committee for any new faculty members.
13. Responsible for the design and successful implementation of a 6?12 arts curriculum.
14. Responsible for implementing a communication plan/strategy with faculty that supports communicating with parents/guardians regarding the behavior, conduct, development, and performance of all artists within their respective departments.
15. Must successfully complete the Board’s training program on observing and conferring skills. Successful completion of this training program is not a precondition for eligibility to be an Art Department Chairperson, but is a requirement for continuation as an Art Department Chairperson.
16. Will contribute to the evaluation of the professional Art staff in the Chairperson’s respective department, but will not have supervisory or rating functions.
17. Will work with teachers assuring the art form area integrity and curriculum delivery through a positive and collegial process.
18. Will work with new adjunct teachers as a mentor and artistic leader.
19. Will serve as a liaison between adjunct teachers, school administration and the community.
20. Will serve as a collegial monitor of arts instruction through modeling, coaching, reviewing of lesson plans, discussion student concerns, etc.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Certified K-8 teacher or tutor. School 4 children grades K, 2nd, 6th, and 9th grade. Supervise distance learning curriculum in...Apply For This Job
Description: KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Middle School Teaching Date Posted: 5/29/2020 Location: Ames Middle School Join Ames Community School District, where your journey...Apply For This Job
To apply for this position, submit a Faculty Application Job Position/Title: HS Teacher AssistantOffice/Campus: Principal’s/Sagert CampusReports to: PrincipalStatus: 10 months,...Apply For This Job
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government...Apply For This Job
Elite Academy Child Development Center is currently seeking dependable, fun loving preschool teachers. We are a state of the art...Apply For This Job