College Possible makes college admission and success possible for low-income students through an intensive curriculum of coaching and support. Since its founding in 2000, College Possible has become a leading organization in the field of college access and success with a track record of best-in-class results, rigorous evaluation and innovation.
Our evidence-based programming is grounded in four key pillars:
We’re joining forces with colleges to achieve a transformational impact: our goal is to serve more than 100,000 students annually and make a significant contribution to closing the degree divide.
So what is AmeriCorps? When you think of AmeriCorps, think of the Peace Corps but in your own backyard. AmeriCorps is a civil society program supported by the U.S. federal government, foundations, corporations and other donors engaging adults in public service work with a goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.” Not only do College Possible AmeriCorps members make a difference in their community, they gain valuable experience for their next job or graduate school endeavor.
College Coach – August 2020 through June 2021
Serve as a coach for students as they navigate the milestones and resources essential to graduating from college. Maintain proactive communication and offer services to students in college either from in-person at a college campus or via technology from our College Possible Headquarters in St. Paul, MN. Help link students to services already available on campus, plan events for students and connect them to meaningful opportunities.
Serve students by:
· Working with students on an individual basis via technology or in-person providing coaching on navigating a college system, guidance on where to access various on-campus support, and assistance with scholarship and financial aid applications.
· Meeting regularly with program staff and peers to plan engaging outreach and communications to students about our college success curriculum.
· Regularly and reliably track interactions with students and keep student records up-to-date in Salesforce database.
· Applicants from all majors are welcome to apply including current graduate students.
· 4 – Year College Degree by August 2020
· Strong Leadership, Academics, and Communication Skills
· Ability to work 40+ hours per week
· 10.5 month commitment beginning on August 2020
· Applicants from all majors are welcome to apply
· Bi-weekly Living Allowance of $690.39 before tax
· Education Award of $6,195 (Can be used to repay federal student loans or pay future education expenses)
· Free Health Coverage
· Some student loans may be deferred
· Working in a collaborative educational environment
· Access to a large network of alumni and networking events
Please visit www.CollegePossible.org/serve to learn more about College Possible and serving with our organization!
College Possible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals and conduct all possible activities in fully accessible settings.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Company’s Facebook page:
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
As the new school year approaches, we are continuing to find new ways to support parents as they navigate the...Apply For This Job
Job Description N/A Position Type: Full-time Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Equal Opportunity Employer 0 Contact Information...Apply For This Job
Under supervision of the Principal and/or Assistant Principal, teaches and instructs students in academic subject matter, along with social, behavioral,...Apply For This Job
Position Description: The Achievement Center seeks creative and knowledgeable part-time math tutors to provide academic support for our Lower School,...Apply For This Job
Big Blue Marble Academy (“BBMA”) is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st...Apply For This Job
TITLE: High School Art Teacher REPORTS TO: Building Principal POSITION SUMMARY: The High School Art Teacher provides learning opportunities and...Apply For This Job