Position Available for the 2020-2021 School Year
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
ESL/GT Certification preferred
Student teaching or approved internship required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
9. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
15. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
16. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
17. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
18. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
19. In Addition to state requirements for teacher certification, the employee who teaches at least one core class will hold the following SBEC certificate(s): (a) Gifted and Talented Supplement or 30 Requisite hours of GT Training. (b) English as a Second Language or Bilingual Supplemental.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our...Apply For This Job
Position Type: High School Teaching/Alternative Learning Program Date Posted: 7/10/2020 Location: Ames High School Date Available: August 2020 Closing Date:...Apply For This Job
Bachelor’s degree required High-level gaming experience as coach or player required Intercultural competency; ability to work with individual from diverse...Apply For This Job
Job Description 6th and 7th Grade Science Teacher Position Type: Full-time Job Categories: Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades Classroom Teacher...Apply For This Job
The Legacy School, a school for dyslexic and learning challenged children in grades 1-8 is seeking a full-time Elementary teacher...Apply For This Job
Sugar Grove Developmental Day School is currently looking for a part time Floater! Hours will be discussed during the interview....Apply For This Job