Head Start / Early Head Start Careers / Childcare Partnerships
Community Service Agency – Serving 8 Counties in 15 Locations
Douglass Community Services, Inc. is currently hiring for a variety of positions to work in a rewarding Early Childhood Classroom Environment. We are looking to grow our programs with enthusiastic people who are passionate about using innovative approaches to empower others for lifelong success.
Co-Teacher–Early Head Start Clinic, Hannibal, MO
$13.29 – $13.56 with Associate degree or CDA
$14.69 – $14.97 with BA/BS in Education
40 hours/49 weeks annually
Hours: 6:30am – 3:00pm
Responsible for the safety of children and ensuring measurable growth in physical, intellectual, social and emotional development. Develops and maintains positive relationships with each child’s parent/guardian. Works in cooperation with other adults assigned to the classroom, fostering their growth through delegation of workload and offering feedback that improves their skills. Coordinates the daily educational activities of the classroom, consistent with DCS written policies and procedures, Missouri State licensing and Head Start Performance Standards. Responsible for total classroom management.
· Establishes a safe and healthy learning environment which provides opportunities for effective supervised exploration that supports children’s growth and learning.
· Manages staff/volunteers in his/her classroom by ensuring appropriate classroom strategies, outcomes development and documentation, lesson planning and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
· Through interaction and example, supports and promotes educational & social-emotional growth that meets child outcome goals, and recognizes the individual strengths of each child.
· Supports and promotes the current curriculums (educational, social, emotional, prenatal, and parenting, etc.) used by the program.
· Builds positive relationships with families that encourages engagement in their child’s learning.
· Ensures nutrition and self-care practices are incorporated into classroom routines for children to develop healthy habits.
· Ensures all mandatory documents are in place per established timelines, all computer entries are up to date, and proper follow-up with families, providers, etc. are completed.
· Ensures educational and behavioral screenings and follow-ups are completed for each child within designated time frames. Works with the family to make referrals to appropriate agencies/providers to ensure each child’s individual needs are met.
· Maintains on-going communications with staff, supervisors, parents, and providers.
· Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to children, families, and staff pursuant to the program’s confidentiality standards.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
A minimum of an Infant/Toddler CDA is required within 18 months of hire, an Associates or higher in Early Childhood Education is preferred or a degree in a related field with relevant experience & coursework or credentialing per the Head Start Act or a state awarded Early Childhood Certificate. Must successfully pass the Teaching Strategies Gold Inter-rater Reliability Certification within six months of hire. One to three years of experience working with young children is highly preferred. The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal), write developmentally appropriate lesson plans, enjoy interacting with young children, and maintain confidentiality are required to successfully fulfill this position’s responsibilities. This position requires the skills to complete word processing and data entry on a computer. Complete training, maintains certification in CPR and First Aid and reliable transportation are additional requirements. Additionally, the ability to take initiative, make independent judgments, and promote teamwork is required.
Join Our Team
What we offer: Comprehensive benefit plans including health, dental, vision, a flexible spending account; plus, free life insurance; 401k retirement plan with annual employer contribution; a work/life balance that includes generous amounts of paid sick time, 13 paid holidays, vacation accrual, & a long paid winter/holiday break; tuition assistance and professional development with lots of opportunities for advancement; a health & wellness culture; business casual work environment and much more!!
Search openings and apply online at
Job Type: Full-time
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
THEA BOWMAN HIGH SCHOOL MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER www.phalenacademies.org WHAT YOU WILL DO: As an educator with Thea Bowman Leadership...Apply For This Job
Job Descriptions are included in our District Personnel Policies which are posted on our website here. RESPONSIBILITIES: EXPERIENCE: QUALIFICATIONS: SALARY:...Apply For This Job
Amazing Staff Members Wanted: We are looking for the next amazing staff members to add to our team of incredible...Apply For This Job
Job Description Please visit our website at www.pcsst.org. You will find an employment tab at the top of the page....Apply For This Job
At Alpha-Bits Learning Center, we are a close knit team of caregivers whom rely on one another to ensure that...Apply For This Job
Lead Infant Teacher Job Description Reports to: Owners/Stakeholders, Director, and Head Teacher or any temporarily designated Supervisor. Lead Teachers report...Apply For This Job