Acquired five (5) years of recent (within last seven (7) years) trade based or equivalent full-time employment directly related to cosmetology; deemed eligible to meet IUP’s standards for entry into vocational education certification program
Possess in-depth knowledge of effective instructional practices and assessment.
Exhibit excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with demanding timelines and produce quality products.
Demonstrate proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications-mail, Web applications, and industry-specific technology.
2. Facilitate theory lessons in hair, skin and nails.
3. Prepare lesson plans that encourage and foster proficient oral and written expression, critical thinking and applications.
4. Provides rigorous and relevant instruction on approved hands-on curriculum in the content area and general workplace readiness.
5. Understands and applies effective strategies and best practices to ensure student success.
6. Administers a variety of student assessment tools.
7. Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, material, and facilities.
8. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by the district and state laws.
9. Prepare students to successfully pass the written and practical NOCTI test.
10. Train students to successfully pass the PA Cosmetology state board theory and practical exam.
11. Sponsor a student Career and Technical Student Organization (Skills USA).
12. Maintains and updates required industry certifications.
13. Participates in district and school-based professional development activities and staff meetings.
14. Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community.
15. Collaborates with core content teachers on common instructional objectives, integration and alignment of academic standards.
16. Involvement in professional organizations and community relations preferred.
17. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
18. Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior.
To become a PPS teacher, you must first complete a “Standard: Certified” application in the District’s online application system. (www.pps.k12.pa.us/careers) This application will be screened in order to determine if you will be placed on the eligible list. Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) is required by the Pennsylvania School Code to use an eligible list to determine which candidates can be considered for hire. For more information, please see the Eligible List FAQ on the district website.
A complete teacher application requires:
Step 1. Create an account and complete the online application. In addition to the above requirements, you will also have the opportunity to upload your Pennsylvania Praxis Exam scores, diplomas, transcripts, state-issued certificates, and additional attachments.
Step 2. Pittsburgh Public Schools will contact you if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry, and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimum physical effort and not subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
Employees of the Pittsburgh Public Schools engage in the extremely important and fulfilling job of educating students in the City of Pittsburgh. Employees must believe in, value and be committed to the educability of all; must promote the school and district vision of high standards of learning and academic rigor, continuous school improvement, and the inclusion of all members of the school community; must be willing to work in a high stress environment while maintaining the energy necessary to meet the responsibilities and expectations of the position. A sample of specific elements associated with the work environment of this position includes:
The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs, activities, career and technical education programs or employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. It is the policy of the Pittsburgh School District to make all services, programs and activities available and to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. Please make requests for accommodations at least 72 hours before the scheduled event. For more information regarding accommodations, civil rights grievance procedures, please contact: Ms. Rachel Beers, Office of Employee Relations, 341 S. Bellefield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or 412-529-HELP (4357).
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Wilson County Schools Job posting 411943 117 N E Tarboro St, Wilson, North Carolina, 27893 Job posted as of Apr...Apply For This Job
Title A Social Studies Teacher Location Peninsula School Description RSU 24 is seeking a Middle Level Social Studies Teacher at...Apply For This Job
Successful candidates will work in a small school setting with middle school students who have special needs. Job Type: Part-time...Apply For This Job
4th and 6th Grade Boys Club Basketball Coordinator and Head Coach Will report directly to the Executive Director of Boys...Apply For This Job
Position Description The University of Mississippi is currently accepting applications for Assistant Men’s Golf Coach, to assist the Head Coach...Apply For This Job
Location: Availability at both the Downtown Duluth Branch and the YMCA at the Essentia Wellness Center Job Title: Wellness Center...Apply For This Job