To provide an approved elementary education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Elementary Education/Elementary School with Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or eligibility.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Required criminal history backgroundcheck and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
1. Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
4. Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
5. Maintains records of pupil’s educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
6. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
8. Budgets class time effectively.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
10. Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
11. Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
12. Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
13. Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
14. Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
15. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
16. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
The YMCA Daycare is looking for a toddler room assistant teacher for our facility. We are looking to hire a...Apply For This Job
Summary The Teacher supports the Director and Assistant Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the...Apply For This Job
Position Type: High School/Career and Technical Education Date Posted: 7/31/2020 Location: Lake Forest High School Date Available: 08/24/2020 Closing Date:...Apply For This Job
This is a 0.5 FTE certified position for the 2020-2021 school year at Woodstock High School. Math Coach Job Description...Apply For This Job
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: To be considered, applicants need to complete a Classified application. For more information you may contact: Jeremy.Munroe@boiseschools.org Application...Apply For This Job
One or more years of experience working in or with diverse learners, higher education settings, multiple stakeholders, or a combination...Apply For This Job