BOARD OF EDUCATION – DELAWARE CITY SCHOOLS
Title: TEACHER, CLASSROOM
Reports To: Principal
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Qualifications: * Appropriate State of Ohio certification/license
General Description: Committed to teaching students the subject matter and skills which will lead toward the
fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth. Direct
and assess the learning experience of the students in activities sponsored by the school.
Essential Functions: 1. Committed to the classroom and the organization of its program and
2. Maintain control at all times where the teacher is in charge of supervision.
3. Responsible for establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with
parents through various mediums (parent conference, report cards, written or
4. Responsible for writing clear and usable lesson plans that indicates direction for
instruction and implementation of course of study.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter.
6. Assess students on the level of progress according to the level of each
7. Responsible for presenting clear, complete, and accurate explanations and
instructions suitable to the level of learners.
8. Approach subject matter in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
9. Present subject matter in a calm, self-confident, and poised manner.
10. Receive students’ questions comfortably and answer them clearly and
11. Give positive reinforcement for acceptable academic and social behavior.
12. Implement behavior modification techniques as needed in order to promote
positive behavior patterns.
13. Work with extended programs such as special needs, enrichment, and is aware
of current methods of instruction as they are related to special needs students.
14. Responsible for cooperative and collaborative teaching in the sharing of
15. Maintain records as required by district policy.
16. Responsible for appropriate dress.
17. Attend school promptly and stay until regularly scheduled times have been met.
Must secure permission from principal to leave early or arrive late.
18. Attend all scheduled meetings promptly.
TEACHER, CLASSROOM – Pg. 2
Expectations: 1. Demonstrate support for the district’s Vision, Mission and Beliefs.
2. Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement by engaging in regular
professional development activities.
3. Ensure that decisions are based on data.
4. Demonstrate flexibility and openness to innovation in the performance of job
5. Serve as a role model in how to conduct oneself as a citizen and as a
responsible, intelligent human being.
6. Adhere to and enforce all board policies.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
8. The employee shall remain free from any alcohol or abuse of a non-prescribed
controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the
Additional Working 1. Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
Conditions: 2. Occasional operation of a vehicle under inclement weather conditions.
3. Occasional interaction among unruly children.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Job Description (attached) Salary Range – 43,128.63 – 87,098.99 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Kentucky Certification appropriate to the grade level and curricular...Apply For This Job
Safe Families for Children773. 653. 2200 4300 W. Irving Park Road Chicago, IL 60641 Job Description Position: Family Coach Supervisor/Community...Apply For This Job
Position: Strength and Conditioning Specialist – Military Setting *Location: Aviano, Italy Start Date: 1 July, 2020 Point of Contact: Sean...Apply For This Job
Job Description ESL Teacher Position Type: Full-time Job Category: Classroom Teacher > ELL / ESL / SEI / TESOL Contact...Apply For This Job
MCKENZIE SCHOOL DISTRICT Lane County District No. 68 51187 Blue River Drive Finn Rock, Oregon 97488 February 27, 2020 POSITION...Apply For This Job
TITLE: Elementary Bilingual (Spanish/English) Dual Immersion TeacherPAY GRADE: Certified Salary ScheduleFLSA: ExemptSUPERVISOR: Building PrincipalTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Days as designated per...Apply For This Job