Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Head Swim Team Coach will provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for the team members. The position includes organizing the swim team, communication with parents, assisting with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. The Head Swim Team Coach must present an appearance and an image consistent with the Schenectady JCC. Must possess mature judgment and sound decision-making.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Supervise swimmers during practices, meets and any other swim periods.
2. Teach proper stroke techniques while coaching.
3. Handles all swim meet preparation, including equipment set-up.
4. Distributes awards.
5. Leads daily practices.
6. Creates line-ups for all swim meets.
7. Assists with the preparation, operation and clean-up of home swim meets.
8. Works with the assistant coaches on time management, practice structure, award distribution procedures, record keeping for swimmers, and overall aptitude for coaching.
9. Works with all coaches on meet set-up, line-ups, creation of workouts, practice development, and awards.
10. Serves as the primary communicator to the Aquatic Director, assistant coaches, parents, and swimmers.
11. Attends and participates in coaches’ meetings.
12. Records swimmers’ meet results.
13. Coordinates swim meet volunteers for home swim meets.
14. Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
15. Performs the job in compliance with JCC policies, procedures, and work rules
16. Reports unusual maintenance problems or irregularities to the Aquatics Director or Building Maintenance. .
17. May need to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
18. Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the JCC safety program, with specific attention to safe pool use during swim team periods.
19. Work as a Team Player with co-workers and in conjunction
with other departments.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be CPR certified or willing to get certified.
3. Minimum one year coaching experience.
1. Competitive swimming
2. Instruction of amateur swimmers
Standing: while coaching
Walking: while coaching
Reaching: to demonstrate to swimmers or get supplies
Pulling: to get equipment
Stooping: to talk to swimmers
Crouching: to critique swimmers
Seeing: to view swimmers strokes
Talking: to communicate corrections to swimmers
Swimming: be able to get into the pool to demonstrate proper stroke techniques while coaching
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS: Must be able to follow directions and communicate in English verbally.
Must be able to read, write, and understand materials printed in English. Must possess good problem
solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
HOURS The hours will vary based on practice and meet times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As such, employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
PHALEN LEADERSHIP ACADEMIES www.phalenacademies.org ELEMENTARY TEACHER WHAT YOU WILL DO: As an educator with Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA) you are...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Fine Arts – Art, Music, & Drama/Instrumental Music Teacher Date Posted: 7/29/2020 Location: Ramsey High School Date Available:...Apply For This Job
Kids Korner Learning Center, a Keystone Star 2 facility in Sunbury, is seeking a full time Lead Teacher. Applicant must...Apply For This Job
Position: Licensed Secondary Education Math Teacher Job type: Full time, salaried, benefited Uinta Academy is the nation’s leading multi-dimensional residential...Apply For This Job
Preschool Lead Teachers at The Learning Experience are ambassadors of happiness, creating opportunities every day that reflect our mission to...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Elementary Date Posted: 7/15/2020 Location: Prairie Queen Elementary School Reports To: Building Administrator FSLA Status: Exempt Compensation: 001...Apply For This Job