Purpose: Provides students with instruction and assisting students in recovering credits and making academic progress with Plato (DBTHS’ online academic curriculum).
Employment Minimum Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to draft and prepare reports in written and visual formats and speak effectively before groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts: interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to process mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of computer systems, database software, internet software, e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet software utilized at DBTHS. Proficiency in the use of the following programs is strongly preferred: MS Word, Access and Excel. Must have the ability to type 35-40 WPM.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to appropriately communicate with a diverse population of staff and others including vendors and other agencies. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
Essential Duties AND Responsibilities:
· Credit Recovery- provide oversight, credit recovery services and additional support to credit students participating in credit recovery coursework in all academic content areas
· Work collaboratively with the Data Support Specialist as duties may be assigned
· Work collaboratively with the Student Services Coordinator as duties may be assigned
· Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons in area of assignment (PLATO)
· Review and evaluate student work to determine and align best instructional practices in order to remediate, extend or enrich student academic growth
· Collaborate with other DBTHS staff members to identify and address learning challenges of individual or small groups of students
· Maintain and submit, in timely fashion, accurate management records of students’ progress and attendance
· Contribute to a positive and caring climate within DBTHS
· Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and appropriate social matters, further education, and career opportunities
· Promote and assist, as needed, student use of technology
· Attend and participate in professional development opportunities to enhance pedagogy and increase knowledge in content area
· Initiate, on a regular basis, positive interaction with parents or guardians of students
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned that may be required to meet the needs of students
· Appropriately maintain and secure confidential records and inquiries.
· Professionally represent the DBTHS district in interactions with parents, community, staff and students
· Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required
· Comply with applicable district, local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations
· Other duties may be assigned as needed which could include:
o Substitute Teaching/Teacher Coverage
o Community Outreach
o Recruitment Efforts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,201.00 to $77,923.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
We are looking for a Full time childcare worker. Set schedules so you can plan your life easily. You will...Apply For This Job
Summary: Provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, math, writing and related areas; diagnoses learning skill...Apply For This Job
Substitute 1st-2nd grade assistant classroom teacher in nature-based independent elementary school, The Village School in Royalston MA, for late August...Apply For This Job
Job Description EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university Valid Texas Teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:...Apply For This Job
Understands the Common Core Standards and prepares effective instructional strategies and resources for teaching the scope and sequence in the...Apply For This Job
Daycare Teachers for a Toddler Position, a Pre-School/Pre-K Position and a School-Age Position. Staff would be responsible for overall safety,...Apply For This Job