Purpose: Provides students with instruction and assisting students in various classes as needed
Employment Minimum Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to draft and prepare reports in written and visual formats and speak effectively before groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts: interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to process mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of computer systems, database software, internet software, e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet software utilized at DBTHS. Proficiency in the use of the following programs is strongly preferred: MS Word, Access and Excel. Must have the ability to type 35-40 WPM.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to appropriately communicate with a diverse population of staff and others including vendors and other agencies. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
Essential Duties AND Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with other DBTHS staff members to identify and address learning challenges of individual or small groups of students
· Maintain and submit, in timely fashion, accurate management records of students’ progress and attendance
· Contribute to a positive and caring climate within DBTHS
· Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and appropriate social matters, further education, and career opportunities
· Promote and assist, as needed, student use of technology
· Attend and participate in professional development opportunities to enhance pedagogy and increase knowledge in content area
· Initiate, on a regular basis, positive interaction with parents or guardians of students
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned that may be required to meet the needs of students
· Appropriately maintain and secure confidential records and inquiries.
· Professionally represent the DBTHS district in interactions with parents, community, staff and students
· Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required
· Comply with applicable district, local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations
· Other duties may be assigned as needed which could include:
o Substitute Teaching/Teacher Coverage
o Community Outreach
o Recruitment Efforts
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.25 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Job Is:
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
CREC’s Academy of Aerospace and Engineering is seeking an Assistant Middle School Boys Basketball Coach. The responsibilities for this job...Apply For This Job
Assist teacher in planning and daily activities. Prefer someone with a CDA Credential or willing to obtain a CDA. Experience...Apply For This Job
Job Description The successful applicants will teach second grade curriculum and perform other duites as assigned. Position Type: Full-time Job...Apply For This Job
Discovery Day Care is now hiring! We are in need of a preschool teacher who is reliable, willing and able...Apply For This Job
Make a DIFFERENCE because kids are AMAZING! Monday-Friday, no nights or weekends!* Little U Academy Voted #1 Private School &...Apply For This Job
The Infant/Toddler Teacher facilitates quality, individualized, early childhood education by implementing developmentally appropriate practices in an inclusive environment. SUMMARY: Under...Apply For This Job