NEAH-KAH-NIE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER
Reports To: Principal
Evaluated By: Principal or Assistant Principal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Plans and implements lesson plans which meet the needs of a diverse student population, teach students, correct students’ work and maintains a safe learning environment for students to develop skills and abilities to meet State Benchmark Standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides effective instruction in one or more of the following content areas: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, Art, Health, Physical Education, and Music utilizing a course of study which focuses on the state content and performance standards and is adopted by the Board of Education.
2. In preparation for instruction, address both short and long-term learning goals using prepared written lesson plans.
3. Provides developmentally appropriate learning experiences, including activities that challenge, motivate and actively involve all students.
4. Adapts and modifies instructional strategies and materials, as necessary, to support all students’ academic progress.
5. Demonstrates scientific concepts by use of scientific apparatus, technology, experiments, and standard or teacher-prepared charts, sketches and other instructional aids.
6. Implements appropriate learning experiences to teach scientific concepts and processes and links them to ‘real’ world situations and job fields.
7. Instructs students, by precept and example, in the proper use, care, and safe handling of chemicals, science equipment, and plant and animal life.
9. Adapts and modifies instructional strategies and materials, as necessary, to support all students’ academic progress with collaboration from special services department.
10. Uses a variety of formal and informal assessments to monitor student progress and achievement of the instructional objectives.
11. Maintains a collection of evidence that documents student growth over time.
12. Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
13. Uses a grading system, which is consistent, fair and supportable.
14. Maintains professional confidentiality concerning individual student data and achievement.
15. Identifies, diagnoses, and prescribes remediation for students who need additional services and support.
16. Communicates to students and parents the level of student achievement and progress towards established classroom, district and state standards.
17. Works constructively with colleagues and others for the purpose of improving the quality of a student’s behavior and academic success.
18. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
19. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning environment. Notifies and involves parents/guardians regarding a student’s behavior as outlined in school and District policies.
20. Takes all reasonable precautions to provide a safe, secure learning environment.
21. Encourages parents to volunteer and provides them with constructive tasks to perform.
22. Participates in various meetings (e.g. staff, team, parent conferences, in-service training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information or sharing expertise.
23. Maintains a high level of professional integrity by adhering to the Teacher Standards and Practices requirement for an Ethical Educator, (as written in the Staff Handbook) as well as Board Policy and State Law.
24. Maintains satisfactory attendance as defined in District policy and regulation.
MARGINAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision. (See addendum for details)
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Job Description N/A Position Type: Full-time Job Categories: Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy Classroom Teacher...Apply For This Job
Conservatory at Home is hiring music teachers to teach lessons in the homes of our students across the region. Must...Apply For This Job
The Children’s Home is Hiring! We have been providing a fun learning environment for kids for almost 30 years. We...Apply For This Job
Conduct 9th grade Science class for YSLPP Summer Program Location Utica, NY Application Deadline *Full consideration by*: 07/31/2020 Open Until...Apply For This Job
Under supervision of the Principal and/or Assistant Principal, teaches and instructs students in academic subject matter, along with social, behavioral,...Apply For This Job
Bachelor’s degree required High-level gaming experience as coach or player required Intercultural competency; ability to work with individual from diverse...Apply For This Job