WHO WE ARE
The Jordan Child & Family Enrichment Center, one of Methodist Home for Children’s Early Childhood programs, meets the state’s highest standards for staff education, child-to-teacher ratios and early learning curricula with a Five Star Childcare License, issued by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education. By the time children leave our Centers for kindergarten, they are prepared to get along with their peers, manage their behavior and follow instructions. In short, they are ready to learn.
We are currently seeking a Lead Teacher (2-year-olds)
BENEFITS FOR WORKING FOR MHC:
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating and maintaining a nurturing and stimulating educational environment for young children and their families.
1. Create and maintain a child-centered educational environment in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the program.
2. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the Core Values of Methodist Home for Children and the policies and procedures of the agency and the Jordan Center.
3. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the standards set forth by the Division of Child Development, Department of Sanitation, Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS) or the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
4. Maintain accurate classroom and children’s records.
5. Facilitate communication between administration, staff, and families.
6. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback.
7. Provide ongoing support and feedback to guide professional development of teachers and teacher assistants.
8. Complete ongoing training and education requirements as directed by Jordan Center leadership.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Age Level Coordinator and/or Associate Director.
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
Lead Teachers should have a minimum of Child Care Credentials and an additional 6 semester hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; OR PREFERENCE of Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, and an equivalent amount of relevant education. Lead Teachers must have at least one (1) year of verifiable experience working with young children.
MHC’s staff enjoy excellent benefit options, competitive pay, paid training, and paid time off.
Qualified candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and Child Care Credentials.
Experience: Must have at least one (1) year of verifiable experience working with young children.
Screenings: Early Childhood staff will be screened according to Methodist Home for Children’s background screening policy. In addition, they must participate in the following screenings (candidate responsibility):
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Experience and Education Requirements : Assistant Teacher- 0-6 ECE units Teacher I: 12 – 23 units of child development including...Apply For This Job
Preschool Associate Teacher We are looking for a qualified associate preschool teacher who will work closely with the lead teacher...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Athletics/Activities/Coaching Date Posted: 6/16/2020 Location: Tongue River High School Tongue River High School is accepting applications for an...Apply For This Job
Possible opening for a Preschool Teacher in the Head Start program located in Bradford, PA — At least an associate’s...Apply For This Job
Position Type: High School Teaching/Industrial-Technology Education Date Posted: 6/17/2020 Location: IROQUOIS HIGH MCA Closing Date: 07/02/2020 Days: 187 Occupational Based...Apply For This Job
Company information: Kids on the Yard is a tutoring company that’s passionate about education and kids. With over 45 years...Apply For This Job