1. For the NHC to successfully complete all responsibilities outlined in the job description the schedule requires a 40 hour workweek.
a. Two days working in the vitamin aisles
b. One day conducting individual coaching sessions with customers.
c. One day “office” time:
d. One day conducting outreach presentations, in-store customer nutrition education classes or cooking demonstrations.
A. Educate employees and customers about nutrition, all products, and optimal health/healthy living with the intention of supporting store sales.
1. Conduct the nutrition portion of the Health Hotline/good4u
2. Pull reports for employee LMS “Take-15” and Health Hotline walkthrough education.
3. Create and maintain an employee “Glad You Asked” question center.
4. Prepare for and present in-store customer nutrition education classes.
5. Prepare for and conduct outreach presentations.
B. Conduct Sit-Down/In-Store Nutritional Health Coaching
C. Build relationships with community partners by spreading awareness of Natural Grocer’s store services. This includes:
1. Seeking outreach presentation opportunities
2. Establishing relationships with practitioners who recommend supplements and coaching services to their clients
3. Promoting in-store classes and events outside of the store or on external websites
4. Researching and contacting potential groups to use the store’s meeting space
5. Researching and contacting potential guest presenters
D. Stay current with Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage NHC materials as a means of continued education.
1. Read and study the material provided by the Nutrition
Education Department such as Health Hotline training material, NHC
FYIs, NED bulletin and newsletters, in-store class material,
continuing education, etc.
2. Follow directions for assigned health supportive statement homework.
E. Participate in Regional NHC conference calls.
F. Attend Nutritional Health Coach Meetings for ongoing training and education.
G. Conduct Book Club discussion group for customers and employees. This is an optional responsibility.
1. Greet customers as you work in the vitamin aisle.
2. Serve as the store’s primary source of nutrition information.
3. Help customers find products.
4. Answer customer questions.
5. Answer the phone.
6. Take special orders.
7. Educate customers and help them make informed choices.
8. Engage in conversations with customers to promote sales and events.
9. Promote the Nutrient to Know About with customers.
10. Promote NHC classes and other store events and promotions to customers.
1. Stock/Back stock.
2. Face product.
3. Check product expiration dates.
4. Store cleaning.
1. Be prepared to help with bagging assistance, assisting
customers to their car, and cart checks when needed.
2. NHCs should use this opportunity to be a role model to other employees on how to effectively promote in-store events and their NHC services.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
The CyberLynx Correspondence Program is seeking an enthusiastic teaching assistant for our High School Completion office in Anchorage, Alaska. This...Apply For This Job
Description: KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a...Apply For This Job
Description: Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire...Apply For This Job
Our program is well-known for the loving and nurturing environment that we provide for our children. RDS is highly regarded...Apply For This Job
Purpose Statement: The Teacher provides a safe, appropriate, and nurturing environment for children that meets all DHS and Head Start...Apply For This Job
At ABC Childcare & Preschool of Bellevue, we are looking for a Teacher to join our awesome team due to...Apply For This Job