Special Education Teacher with Mathematics
2020-2021 School Year
Category: Teacher / Professional
Employment Type: Full-time (10-month contract)
Building: Ivy Creek School
Location: 227 Lambs Lane Charlottesville, VA
The Piedmont Regional Education Program (PREP) seeks to hire a Special Education
Teacher with a Mathematics endorsement to provide instruction to students with
emotional disabilities at Ivy Creek School.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Michelle Boyd, PREP Executive
Salary Range: $49,950 – $77,687
Salary is commensurate with years of related experience. Advanced degree supplements
are available as determined by the PREP Joint Board of Control.
To implement an instructional program with multi-tiered systems of support that is
aligned with state standards and results in increased academic outcomes for all students.
A. Professional Performance
1. To comply with school and school board policies and regulations.
2. To work cooperatively with the all staff.
3. To relate positively to parents and to other community representatives.
4. To demonstrate professional growth.
5. To be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
6. To accept responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to the school.
7. To use instructional and planning, time effectively.
8. To assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
9. To assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students.
10. Supervise Program Specialists assigned to class, including providing input on
Program Specialist’s annual evaluation.
B. Instructional Performance
a. Communicate lesson objectives and its importance to students.
b. Employ appropriate and varied teaching techniques and learning activities.
c. Use out-of-class assignments, when appropriate, to support instructional
d. Maintain an effective system of monitoring student progress and to inform
e. Align lesson plans and instruction with state standards.
f. Implement multi-tiered systems of support to increase students’ academic
2. Classroom Management
a. Develop and maintain a classroom schedule.
b. Maintain discipline appropriate to learning situation.
c. Engage students in the instructional process.
d. Implement positive behavior interventions and supports.
e. Implement multi-tiered systems of support to foster positive student behavior.
3. Interpersonal Relations
a. Practice and promote positive interaction with and among students.
b. Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning.
c. Encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
4. Subject Matter
a. Demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter.
b. Demonstrate the ability to adjust presentation of subject content to students’
needs and interests.
c. Ensure instruction is aligned to the state standards.
a. Maintain an organized program of instruction based on effective long-range
b. Create and implement lesson plans aligned to the state standards with
differentiation to meet the unique needs of each student.
c. Utilize a variety of materials and resources that support instruction aligned to
the state standards.
Performance will be evaluated on the ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above
responsibilities via the Teacher Performance Evaluation System.
1. Possess or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in
special education general curriculum, emotional disabilities or learning
2. Possess or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in
Mathematics or Mathematics – Algebra I (add on endorsement); AND
3. Two years successful teaching experience
1. Three years successful teaching experience in public school settings
2. Master’s Degree in Special Education or in a related content area
3. Endorsement in Biology or Earth Science in addition to Mathematics
Application site: https://fluco.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,950.00 to $77,687.00 /year
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Job description : Online part time Teacher Teach 20-30 hours per course, per semester Class size of 15-20 students Weekly...Apply For This Job
Reid School – an exclusive preschool through 9th grade private school 33 years in the East Millcreek area has an...Apply For This Job
Mission Achievement and Success Charter School, named 2015 Charter School of the Year by the New Mexico Coalition of Charter...Apply For This Job
Leap N Learn is Scarborough is seeking to fill full-time positions with energetic and enthusiastic individuals who will utilize our...Apply For This Job
FLSA: Exempt DIVISION: Academic PAY GRADE: CIT (4, 5, 6 or 7) DEPARTMENT: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Career, Technical &...Apply For This Job