1. Plans instruction and other student support activities,
including the establishment of overall goals and priorities, lesson
plans, classroom activities (i.e., laboratory experiments, media
presentations, etc.) and daily lesson plans, as applicable to the
teacher’s particular assignment. Such plans should be consistent
with the School District/department goals and objectives; should
consider the needs and abilities of the students; and should
incorporate basic components of lesson design, as appropriate.
Reviews, selects, and modifies materials and resources consistent
with instructional objectives and students’ participation so that
lesson plans and instructional materials developed are consistent
with School District/department goals and objectives.
2. Provides instruction to students in a manner which incorporates essential elements of instruction, i.e., teaching specific objectives, teaching at appropriate levels of difficulty, including methods of extending students’ thinking, uses techniques to monitor student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly, and correctly employs various principles of learning so that classroom instruction effectively meets the needs of students consistent with School District objectives.
3. Establishes behavior expectations and maintains student control in the classroom, on school premises, and/or in school activities by communicating expectations for appropriate behavior. Provides structure and consistency and encourages student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect in a manner consistent with School District policies and procedures and legal requirements so that the learning environment is successful.
4. Participates in parent/teacher conference. Maintains grade book to demonstrate student strengths, weaknesses, and/or problems that the student may be experiencing in the classroom so that parents are informed of student’s strengths, weaknesses, problems, and progress.
5. Collaborates with other professional staff regarding the needs of students by communicating accurately, preserving confidentiality of information, and sharing best teaching practices and new teaching techniques or procedures available so that effective professional work relationships properly meet the needs of students.
6. Develops student tests and evaluates results. Determines student grades for instructional units and reports grades to parents at School District assigned time.
7. Develops and maintains adequate knowledge of the subject(s) taught or support service rendered and demonstrates an understanding of how the subject(s) or support services fit into the overall School District and department philosophy, objectives, and curriculum in order to maintain professional competency in assigned subject matters.
8. Pursues professional development activities to broaden and deepen knowledge of content and teaching skills and continually identifies professional needs and develops strategies to meet these needs so that there is optimum professional growth and development of teaching skills.
9. Records and maintains proper records in order to provide accurate information.
1. BA/BS degree.
2. Appropriate licensure for area of teaching.
3. Demonstrated teaching skills.
4. Good human relation skills.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Position Type: Elementary School/Elementary Date Posted: 8/6/2020 Location: Moore (John Bassett) School Date Available: 08/27/2020 Closing Date: until filled District:...Apply For This Job
Position Details Position Title Casual Part-time Assistant Coach, Men’s Baseball Job Code/Position Control Number AM113/N/C:001 Position Status Casual Part-time Continuing...Apply For This Job
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our...Apply For This Job
Head Teacher APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 10th, 2020 @ 4:59pm or Until Filled POSITION DESCRIPTION: Head Teacher FES SALARY: *Based on...Apply For This Job
Charis Youth Center has part-time and full-time Teacher Assistant opportunities for dedicated and compassionate individuals who would like to share...Apply For This Job
Dreamland Learning Center is looking for a reliable and friendly qualified person for an Early Childhood Education Coordinator Position located...Apply For This Job