1. Plans instruction and other student support activities,
including the establishment of overall goals and priorities, lesson
plans, classroom activities (i.e., laboratory experiments, media
presentations, etc.) and daily lesson plans, as applicable to the
teacher’s particular assignment. Such plans should be consistent
with the School District/department goals and objectives; should
consider the needs and abilities of the students; and should
incorporate basic components of lesson design, as appropriate.
Reviews, selects, and modifies materials and resources consistent
with instructional objectives and students’ participation so that
lesson plans and instructional materials developed are consistent
with School District/department goals and objectives.
2. Provides instruction to students in a manner which incorporates essential elements of instruction, i.e., teaching specific objectives, teaching at appropriate levels of difficulty, including methods of extending students’ thinking, uses techniques to monitor student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly, and correctly employs various principles of learning so that classroom instruction effectively meets the needs of students consistent with School District objectives.
3. Establishes behavior expectations and maintains student control in the classroom, on school premises, and/or in school activities by communicating expectations for appropriate behavior. Provides structure and consistency and encourages student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect in a manner consistent with School District policies and procedures and legal requirements so that the learning environment is successful.
4. Participates in parent/teacher conference. Maintains grade book to demonstrate student strengths, weaknesses, and/or problems that the student may be experiencing in the classroom so that parents are informed of student’s strengths, weaknesses, problems, and progress.
5. Collaborates with other professional staff regarding the needs of students by communicating accurately, preserving confidentiality of information, and sharing best teaching practices and new teaching techniques or procedures available so that effective professional work relationships properly meet the needs of students.
6. Develops student tests and evaluates results. Determines student grades for instructional units and reports grades to parents at School District assigned time.
7. Develops and maintains adequate knowledge of the subject(s) taught or support service rendered and demonstrates an understanding of how the subject(s) or support services fit into the overall School District and department philosophy, objectives, and curriculum in order to maintain professional competency in assigned subject matters.
8. Pursues professional development activities to broaden and deepen knowledge of content and teaching skills and continually identifies professional needs and develops strategies to meet these needs so that there is optimum professional growth and development of teaching skills.
9. Records and maintains proper records in order to provide accurate information.
1. BA/BS degree.
2. Appropriate licensure for area of teaching.
3. Demonstrated teaching skills.
4. Good human relation skills.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Assistant Teacher assists with the development and implementation of a learning curriculum in accordance with Child Care Center philosophies and...Apply For This Job
Are you passionate about working with young children? Do you love helping your students learn, explore and achieve their full...Apply For This Job
Minds On Music, a premier private music school and Florida’s first Steinway Select studio, is seeking to add another teacher...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a committed Certified Montessori Teacher for ages 0-3, 3-6, and 6-9 to complement our qualified workforce...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Middle School Teaching Date Posted: 6/3/2020 Location: Lake Oswego Middle School Date Available: 08/25/2020 Closing Date: 06/12/2020 Temporary...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Description TITLE: Classroom Teacher: Regular Education QUALIFICATIONS: A valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate (Type C or Level 1)...Apply For This Job