The mission of ILTexas is to prepare students for exceptional leadership roles in the international community by emphasizing servant leadership, mastering the English, Spanish, and Chinese languages, and strengthening the mind, body and character.
Job Title: Teacher Exemption Status/Test: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned-preferred
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
One-year student teaching or approved internship preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
9. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
15. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
16. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
17. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
18. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
19. Any and all other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals;
standard instructional equipment; [P.E. teachers: automated
external defibrillator (AED)]
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,000.00 to $54,500.00 /year
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Job Title: Soccer Camp Coach Company: Challenger Sports Soccer Camps Do you love Football/Soccer?…. Do you have youth coaching/education experience?...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Title: Head Varsity Boys Soccer CoachReports To: Athletic DirectorClassification: Non-Exempt/Part-Time De La Salle North Catholic High School...Apply For This Job
Horizon Science Academy Cleveland Middle School is seeking a Spanish teacher for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Job Type: Full-time...Apply For This Job
WANT TO PASS ALONG YOUR MUSICAL TALENTS AND SKILLS?Forté Music School, Toledo’s largest private music school, is growing and we...Apply For This Job
The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy is one of the largest childcare and early education companies in North America. We...Apply For This Job
Are you looking for a job where you can go home knowing you made a difference? Knowing that you are...Apply For This Job