St. Paul’s School for Boys is pleased to announce an opening for a Varsity Ice Hockey Coach for the
2020-2021 school year.
The St. Paul’s Schools is a family of independent schools located in Brooklandville, Maryland. With
more than 1,400 students from ages 6 months to grade 12, St. Paul’s Pre and Lower School (coed),
St. Paul’s School for Girls, and St. Paul’s School for Boys share a 120-acre campus, an Episcopal
affiliation, and a focus on developing confident, well balanced students who will use their education
and ethics to improve the world. In July 2018, the schools unified under the umbrella of The St.
Paul’s Schools, with a single board of trustees and one president, but each school retains its
individual traditions and its gender-specific programs. A coordinated structure allows The
St. Paul’s Schools to preserve the small-school feel within each school while sharing resources and
certain programs to maximize opportunities for students. With St. Paul’s unique model, boys
and girls are taught together and separately at just the right times in their development.
St. Paul’s School for Boys, founded in 1849, is a college-preparatory day school serving boys in grades
5 through 12. The school’s mission, “Seek truth, knowledge, and excellence; live by faith,
compassion, and integrity,” is the daily standard for all members of our community. St. Paul’s School
for Boys’ students are thoughtful young men who thrive in an educational community that
emphasizes strong relationships, personal growth, and the collective pursuit of integrity.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Develop and institute a program of sequential development for all teams and individuals.
Coaches should be using the same terminology and teaching the same techniques at all
2. The coach in coordination with the Athletic Director will be responsible for organizing ice,
time, for all teams and for securing ice for all levels of the program. The coach will also plan
off ice workouts for all teams in the program.
3. A coach must develop a good rapport with numerous individuals and community groups
including but not limited to; team personnel, the student body, faculty, administration,
maintenance, officials, media representatives, fellow coaches and parents of players.
4. The coach will work with coaches of other sports to encourage students to participate on
other teams. St. Paul’s does not encourage specialization.
5. Diligence, enthusiasm, integrity, honesty and love of the game are all part of the
professional pride that should be exhibited by any coach. Personal appearance and dress
should be exemplary. Public demeanor and decorum should always reflect positively on the
school and the athletic department.
6. All coaches must constantly take advantage of the opportunity for self-improvement.
Regular attendance at rules clinics and training opportunities in specific fields is imperative.
Keeping abreast of current literature in professional journals, magazines as well as other
media forms is also expected.
7. The use of sound and acceptable teaching practices
8. Run well organized practices using sound teaching progressions.
9. Complete pre-season planning well in advance of the starting date and communicate with
coaches their responsibilities.
10. Assist in the distribution and collection of uniforms and equipment.
11. Objective criteria to assist in determining which students make which team and how
students earn playing time.
12. Attend league meetings and coordinate an end of season celebration/banquet for all teams
13. Motivate students to improve individually and contribute to team improvement.
14. Hold a pre-season meeting with parents and players to inform them of the philosophy of the
program as well as the rules and regulations (schedules, practice times, attendance,
15. Work with the Admissions Office to attract and secure prospective student-athletes who are
interested in playing ice hockey as well as other sports to St. Paul’s.
16. Develop game plans and efficient strategies in response to opponent offensive and
17. The ideal candidate would have completed Level 3 coaching certification through USA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. A minimum of five years coaching experience is required. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, physical demands may include:
printed sources and computer screens.
running, squatting and sitting.
The St. Paul’s Schools are committed to creating a supportive learning environment where all
individuals are valued for their unique contributions and are able to achieve their highest potential.
We strongly believe that a diverse and inclusive environment is the best learning environment for
our students and prepares them to live, work, and thrive in an increasingly global and multicultural
community. We reject all prejudice, particularly those based on race, national and ethnic origin,
religion, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical characteristics.
This is a paid position. Interested candidates can send their cover letter, resume and list of
references to Shannon Duckett, Director of Employee Recruitment and Retention, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The St. Paul’s Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
IN ADDITION TO THE RESUME SUBMITTED VIA INDEED YOU MUST SUBMIT OUR AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS...Apply For This Job
We are seeking dedicated workers that want to help children succeed! We are recruiting for an EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR to...Apply For This Job
Pre-K Kids Learning Center is a child care facility that highlight itself as Teaching Daycare and Preschool facility, we are...Apply For This Job
The Middle School Science Teacher will plan, prepare, and teach well developed culturally responsive lessons which enthuse and inspire students,...Apply For This Job
Job Description Kindergarten Teacher Position Type: Full-time Job Category: Classroom Teacher > Elementary Contact Information Karen Roseboro, Instructional Superintendent 475...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to spend your summer on our private lakes teaching campers how to waterski?! Come work at Camp...Apply For This Job