The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals. The teacher will serve as the teacher of record for students with disabilities. This person will be expected to adhere to the CASLV and state special education policies and procedures, report directly to the school site administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate CASLV curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Implement scientifically-based instruction, including Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), to support the unique academic, social, and behavioral needs of students as appropriate.
12. Develop, Implement, and act as a teacher of record of Individualized Education Plans for students with disabilities.
13. Adhere to federal, state, and local mandates in special education.
14. Develop and implement behavioral intervention plans as identified by student needs.
15. Utilize positive behavioral supports as appropriate.
16. Ensure that students with disabilities are receiving a free appropriate education in the least restrictive environment.
17. Assist students with disabilities in regular education classrooms.
18. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide specially designed instruction to students with disabilities.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the
needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
8. Work in a collegial manner with all district staff to provide students an appropriate education in the least restrictive
9. Maintain and improve professional competence.
10. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the principal.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications*:
1. Must possess or be able to acquire a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Hold an endorsement which is appropriate to the special education placement
(i.e. K-12 Generalist Endorsement for Resource Room, Autism Endorsement for Autism)
detailed licensure requirements.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
At The Sunshine House, our vision is partnering with families to create a better world, and we need you to...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Special Ed & K-12 Certificated/Licensed Positions/Teacher of Special Education Date Posted: 4/14/2020 Location: VALLEY ROAD EDUCATION CENTER Date...Apply For This Job
The Franchise Business Coach position requires very strong communication skills, the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with franchisees,...Apply For This Job
Strength & Conditioning Coach *WE BELIEVE IN EMPOWERING AND LIFTING PEOPLE UP TO BECOME THE HEROES OF THEIR STORIES AND...Apply For This Job
Position Category Part Time Staff Position Status 10 Month FLSA Non-Exempt Advertised Salary Rate of Pay Commensurate based on experience....Apply For This Job
Childhood Development Facilitator ***HIRING IMMEDIATELY*** We are open through Covid-19 Successful learning starts with great beginnings. For the past 30...Apply For This Job