Job Title: Teacher – Special Education (Cross Cat)
Supervisor: Principal/Special Education Administrator
Terms of Employment:
Position requires the planning, organization, and implementation of the appropriate instructional program to address the learning needs of the students; to guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their potential in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
1. Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
2. Develop lesson plans.
3. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
4. Prepare classroom for class activities.
5. Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
6. Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
7. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
8. Provide for the care and protection of school property.
9. Use relevant technology to support instruction.
10. Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
11. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
12. Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
13. Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
14. Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
15. Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
16. Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
17. Prepare required reports on students and activities.
18. Manage student behavior and maintain discipline by establishing classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district rules and procedures.
19. Participate in department, school, and district meetings and professional development activities as appropriate.
20. Stay current with most recent developments in appropriate subject areal as initiated by the school or district.
21. Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the total school program.
22. Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians.
Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required)
3. Other professional and personal qualifications as deemed necessary for acceptable fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High levels of energy and enthusiasm are highly important to being able to perform all duties in a satisfactory manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school/classroom environment. Duties may be conducted in work-related community settings and/or occasionally performed on study trips away from the school.
Pay Grade: 28
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
NOW HIRING! Are you an organized and inspiring teacher to young children?We are currently recruiting a Teaching Assistant for our...Apply For This Job
Description: Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They...Apply For This Job
Miracles Learning Center is a faith-based preschool servicing 2-5 year olds. Expectations include maintaining structure, promoting a Christian environment while...Apply For This Job
Ready2Teach is seeking a long-term K-12 substitute teacher in the West Valley/Salt Lake County area for the school year 2019-20....Apply For This Job
Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is seeking applications for the position of: Temporary 1.0 FTE Culinary Arts Teacher – Phoenix High...Apply For This Job
NOW HIRING QUALIFIED PRESCHOOL TEACHER FOR ESTABLISHED CHILDRENS CENTER Main Street Children’s Center in Cumberland Center is looking to hire...Apply For This Job