Special Education Teacher (PK-12 General Curriculum)
2020-2021 School Year
Category: Teacher / Professional
Employment Type: Full-time (200-day contract)
Building: Ivy Creek School
Location: 227 Lambs Lane Charlottesville, VA
The Piedmont Regional Education Program (PREP) seeks to hire a Special Education Teacher to provide instruction to students with emotional disabilities at Ivy Creek School.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Michelle Boyd, PREP Executive Director
Salary Range: $49,950 – $77,687
Salary is commensurate with years of related experience; advanced degree supplements are available as determined by the PREP Joint Board of Control.
To implement an instructional program with multi-tiered systems of support that is aligned with state standards and results in increased academic outcomes for all students.
A. Professional Performance
1. To comply with school and school board policies and regulations.
2. To work cooperatively with the all staff.
3. To relate positively to parents and to other community representatives.
4. To demonstrate professional growth.
5. To be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
6. To accept responsibilities outside the classroom as they relate to the school.
7. To use instructional and planning, time effectively.
8. To assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
9. To assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students.
10. Supervise Program Specialists assigned to class, including providing input on Program Specialist’s annual evaluation.
B. Instructional Performance
a. Communicate lesson objectives and its importance to students.
b. Employ appropriate and varied teaching techniques and learning activities.
c. Use out-of-class assignments, when appropriate, to support instructional objectives.
d. Maintain an effective system of monitoring student progress and to inform appropriate persons.
e. Align lesson plans and instruction with state standards.
f. Implement multi-tiered systems of support to increase students’ academic achievement.
2. Classroom Management
a. Develop and maintain a classroom schedule.
b. Maintain discipline appropriate to learning situation.
c. Engage students in the instructional process.
d. Implement positive behavior interventions and supports.
e. Implement multi-tiered systems of support to foster positive student behavior.
3. Interpersonal Relations
a. Practice and promote positive interaction with and among students.
b. Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning.
c. Encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
4. Subject Matter
a. Demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter.
b. Demonstrate the ability to adjust presentation of subject content to students’ needs and interests.
c. Ensure instruction is aligned to the state standards.
a. Maintain an organized program of instruction based on effective long-range plans.
b. Create and implement lesson plans aligned to the state standards with differentiation to meet the unique needs of each student.
c. Utilize a variety of materials and resources that support instruction aligned to the state standards.
Performance will be evaluated on the ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above responsibilities via the Teacher Performance Evaluation System.
1. Possess or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in special education general curriculum, emotional disabilities or learning disabilities; AND
2. Two years successful teaching experience in public school settings
1. Three years successful teaching experience in public school settings
2. Master’s Degree in Special Education or in a related content area
3. Endorsement in Biology, Earth Science or Algebra
Reports To: Principal
Application site: https://fluco.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,950.00 to $77,687.00 /year
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do...Apply For This Job
Position Type: High School Teaching/Business Education Date Posted: 8/17/2020 Location: Highland High School District: Ault-Highland Schools Weld RE-9 – website...Apply For This Job
We are looking for Special Education Teachers for the 20-21 school year. Candidates must be licensed in the state of...Apply For This Job
Harrisburg School District is accepting applications for a Alternative Learning Environment teacher for the 2020 – 2021 school year. Successful...Apply For This Job
Want to know what it’s like to work with us? https://youtu.be/nZtlS08C57g What we OFFER:* A culture of positive energy +...Apply For This Job
Description: KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a...Apply For This Job