QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
2. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
3. Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
4. Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
5. Instructs pupils in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment and materials.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide and orderly and productive environment.
7. Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
8. Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction
9. Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
10. Supervises out-of classroom activities for pupils during the assigned working day, as required.
11. Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
12. Identifies pupil’s needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Communicates with parents and pupil personnel staff members on the individual pupil’s progress and development.
14. Maintains attendance accounting and business service as required.
15. Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
16. Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas
17. Works to establish and maintain open lines on communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
PHALEN LEADERSHIP ACADEMIES www.phalenacademies.org THIRD GRADE TEACHER Do you believe that every scholar deserves a high-quality education? Are you passionate...Apply For This Job
Elevations RTC is currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic High School Teacher, preferably with a Special Education endorsement and a...Apply For This Job
Special Education Mild. Angie Debo Elementary. (3/4/2020 Replacement Position). Mild/Mod-2556. Begins 8/07/2020. Temporary Contract / District Scale. Application Deadline 3/10/2020...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Description TITLE: Classroom Teacher: Special Education QUALIFICATIONS: A valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate (Type C or Level 1)...Apply For This Job
Description: Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They...Apply For This Job
Bi weekly or Twice monthly. Little School Learning Center is now hiring immediately for a cook/afternoon teacher. YOU MUST COME...Apply For This Job