1. Develops and implements individualized and group lesson plans and educational activities that promote all developmental areas to improve the readiness of children for school.
2. Guides and facilitates activities of the children including daily classroom activities and field trips. Uses creativity to provide healthy and safe activities that are developmentally and age appropriate.
3. Selects and sets up equipment and materials in the classroom. Ensures there is a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate learning environment.
4. Maintains accurate records, both on paper and in designated on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and families.
5. Plans, conducts and documents observations, assessments and screenings. Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child including weekly observations, examples of the child’s work, and developmental assessments.
6. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
7. Conducts home visits and parent conferences to discuss the child’s individual development and progress and assists parents in developing observational skills.
8. Works with the Teacher Assistant, Center Aides and Volunteers
to develop their skills and
abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
9. The person in this position must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
10. Uses the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe.
11. Eats with and assists children in eating to teach social and self-help skills and sound nutritional practices.
12. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met, assisting children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
13. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their children including encouraging classroom involvement and home activities.
14. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
15. May assist in preparing and serving meals.
16. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies annually.
17. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan. Actively engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
18. Fills in on a temporary basis when a staff member needs to leave the classroom for a short duration.
19. Participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
20. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children have left the program.
21. Keeps classroom clean and organized.
22. May translate.
23. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is considered a subject matter resource for others and may participate in distributing workload, quality control and training.
State requirements may vary, individual must meet requirements for state in which they are employed.
All grades require completion of CPR/First Aid within a month of hire.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Tagged as: Coach, Teacher, Trainer
Description: Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has an immediate opening for an energetic, organized,...Apply For This Job
Deadline for application: Until Filled Applicant screening will begin no later than 04/30/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position...Apply For This Job
Salary: $38,000 – $45,000 per year (commensurate with years of full-time teaching experience) We are recruiting Science Teachers (Grades 4-8)...Apply For This Job
Part-time teacher needed to instruct and assist 7th grader with classroom assignments in all common core subjects for the 2020-2021...Apply For This Job
MUST have experience in licensed facility to apply. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom Job Description Monday-Friday **No weekends 10:30-6:00pm...Apply For This Job
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching Date Posted: 4/23/2020 Location: Winbourne Elementary (High-Needs School) Date Available: 08/03/2020 Closing Date: 05/30/2020 REPORTS...Apply For This Job